BMW Riders of Southern Maine August 5, 2017 Meeting Minutes
With 28 members in attendance, President Fred Burgess brought the meeting to order for August 5, 2017 at Mae’s Café in Bath, ME.
August 4-6, Yankee Beemers rally; Heath, MA
September 8, Green Mountain Rally Goshen VT
September 9, Monthly Meeting – Location TBD
September 22, MOA Getaway Jay, VT
October 7, Monthly Meeting – Location to be determined
November 4, Monthly Meeting – Location to be determined
December 2, Monthly Meeting – Location to be determined
- Coobscook Bay Camping Weekend August 18
- Rustic, Camp sites 71 & 72, Registered under Leah Mahoney, Ken Gaudin. Bring passport, no stores or restaurants nearby. “Stock up and show up”.
- Jim Salisbury a founding member is not well; a get-well card was circulated for members to send best wishes for a speedy recovery.
- Larry Foley donated some riding gear, vest and some miscellaneous small items. Proceeds to benefit the club.
- Blood Drive – Don reported Street Cycles did no advertising and was disappointed by the turn out. Thanks to all the volunteers who helped out. No new faces. Stephanie and Dwayne will make a better effort next year to include a flea market and antique bike show. Problem with timing with the cooking of the ribs, chicken will only be on the menu for next year. More advertising will be done. 13 pints collected, not the turn out hoped for (15 to 18). Only one person was a drop in donor. Great BBQ put on by club, food provided by Dwayne.
- July’s meeting minutes were distributed, motioned and approved; Scott/Leah
- Current report presented
- Accepted Joe/Harry
- The goal is 100.
- Looking to build membership, Need to explore other ways to attract more members with Shawn to utilize social media and the website.
- Ted would like to create a sub committee to develop recommendations to look at social media/ web based communications. Please contact Ted Danforth Vice President if interested on serving on the committee.
Need to reconcile expenses to generate a report.
- Position still vacant, still looking for a volunteer for the Ride Boss to coordinate the activities.
- Fred is spearheading an audit of the clubs books in the next 60 days with a CPA. Also a Switch to QuickBooks for future accounting practices.
- Calling cards (business cards with contact info for the club) printed and passed out. Cards can be used to invite new members when out riding.
- Printing of Club Directory complete $130.00 for 120 copies printed at Staples. Awaiting the printing of mailing labels to be sent out.
Motion to Adjourn;
Respectfully submitted Sandy Peabody